So as most of this country is aware, the final of The Great British Bake Off is upon us this coming Tuesday.
I’m taking part in this year’s Star Baker Blog Off, and have decided that Cadbury’s Cream Eggs are not just an Easter delicacy but an all-year-rounder! I’m going to show you how to live your best life with these little eggs of deliciousness!
Cadbury Cream Egg Brownies
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 110g unsalted butter (soft and chopped)
- 210g dark chocolate (in small pieces)
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 90g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 90g white flour
- 100g mini Cadbury Cream Eggs (broken up)
- 4 Cadbury Cream Eggs (chopped into halves)
- Grease and line with baking paper an 8 inch cake tin.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan with boiling water. Please ensure that the bowl is not touching the water inside the pan. Stir until completely melted with no lumps. Once melted leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Add the sugar and vanilla to the melted chocolate and mix together.
- Whisk the eggs into the mixture, one at a time.
- Sift the flour into the mixture and whisk all together.
- Once smooth, add the mini broken up Cadbury Cream Eggs and stir until evenly mixed up.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the cake tin and smooth over the top.
- Bake the brownie for 20 minutes.
- Take brownie out of the oven and push the 4 halved Cadbury Cream Eggs into the top of the now soft and half cooked mixture and pop back in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Take brownie out and leave to cool.
- Serve and enjoy with either some single cream or vanilla soft scoop ice cream.
Told you, Cadbury Cream Eggs can be enjoyed all year long.
Don’t forget to watch this year’s The Great British Bake Off final on Channel 4 at 8pm Tuesday 30th October 2018. Who is going to win it?!
My Star Baker Blog Off is sponsored by Jackson Trophies.