It’s September (how did that happen) and kicking off the Daisarella healthy month is a recipe by Wing Yip.
Wing Yip is the UK’s leading oriental food grocer and this recipe includes some of the brands most loved ingredients such as Mai Siam’s Tom Yum Paste and rice noodles.
This recipe is for Tom Yum Rice Vermicelli Noodle Pot and it’s bursting with oriental flavours and packs a spicy kick. It’s easy to cook and can be tied into your weekly food prep too.
Here’s how to make this healthy oriental recipe ‘Tom Yum Rice Vermicelli Noodle Pot’:
1 tbsp Mai Siam Tom Yum Paste
40g Rice Noodles
½ Red Bell Pepper, cut into slices
½ Beef Tomato, cut into wedges
½ Red Chilli, finely sliced
½ stalk lemongrass
2 lime wedges
1 tsp Coriander, finely chopped
1 x 0.5 Litre Clip Top Jar
1. Place the Tom Yum paste into the bottom of the jar first and then add all ingredients, except for the garnish, into the jar.
2. Wrap the garnish ingredients in cling film and place at the top of the jar and then close the lid. Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
3. Boil the kettle and remove the garnish from the jar. Once the water has boiled, fill the jar to just below the neck and carefully stir all the ingredients together. Lock the lid and leave for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, carefully stir the ingredients again and close the lid for another 1 minute.
4. Check that the noodles are cooked through and that the paste has fully dissolved, adding more boiled water if necessary.
5. Carefully remove the lemongrass stalks and then add the garnish ingredients. Serve immediately.
Visit one of the four stores in the UK in Birmingham, Cricklewood, Croydon and Manchester. For those of you that don’t live close by then the online store is perfect, click here to access all your yummy oriental ingredients.
*This opportunity has been sent to Daisarella.com by a PR/brand but all opinions are my own*